Friday, September 21, 2012

Blog 4


Is Ryan’s Body-Fat Claim Exaggerated?

I did obtain this article from Newsweek. First off I would like to know why his body percent possibly matters. Due to the “obesity epidemic” that the United States is having, everyone’s health gets more attention and is often blow out of proportion. So the fact that a political site would even care about such an issue is absurd. It is coming to the point this late in the running that writers can’t find any incriminating information on the candidates and they have to stoop to these levels. Ryan’s claim is that he has only 6 to 8 percent body percent fat and that he is a health addict. What he wants to do in his free time is his personal business; why this came out in the first place is baffling. Does anyone even know for sure what his body fat percentage is? If the answer to that question is no then why is everyone making accusations saying that he doesn’t, maybe he does. I have to say that this is hard to believe because, as stated in the article, Olympic swimmers have close to 9.5 % but we have no information to tell us otherwise. Even though it is a little unbelievable I would still vote for Ryan because he seems like a boss.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ethan,
    I like how you related the facts we were given about Ryan to facts that we know should be accurate. I also liked those facts because they were relevant to what is going on in today's media. The fact the the media picked this topic to write about is absurd. I like the topic and relevance of this article, but I was wondering who Ryan was and what his importance is?
    Thanks
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Catherine, I am glad that you agree with me on this topic because this is getting out of hand. Paul Ryan, who I am talking about, is actually the running mate of Mitt Romney. Mitt is running for President of the United States and Paul is running for Vice President. The media is targeting Paul and Mitt trying to find their weak points, but I don’t understand how Paul’s body percent fat comes into play. While on the other hand I don’t know why he would bring such a thing up but it is out in the open now.

      Delete