Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The 2012 Election



                In this day and age the young Americans are said to not be as involved or don’t care about our nation’s government, I do not agree with this. I am part of this young generation that everyone constantly says is no good and frankly it upsets me. Before everyone starts to stereotype they need to step back and look at the situation from every angle. I think as this next generation, when we are called upon we will stand up and take care of our responsibilities. We realize that it us up to us to vote and get the right candidate into office because every election affects our futures directly.
                The United States is a democracy and in order to uphold that democracy the people as a whole need to step up to serve and teach others the importance of their role. Everyone needs to vote to situate the best candidate in the oval office. President in a very important role but we also need to elect the right personnel in the state and local positions as well. In order to run a strong government we need strong state and local governments.
                To help in this election my group and I worked together to help a Democratic candidate running for the Iowa Senate, Brian Schoenjahn. We really didn’t get to help him directly in his campaign but we publicized his candidacy in our school for our “Meet the Candidates Night”. Even though I am not a Democrat this project helped me see the importance of volunteer help in elections.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ethan,

    Great post! I totally agree that there are many young people in this country, you and I for example, who really care about politics and want to make a difference in our country; however, I personally think there are many kids who don't care about politics, particularly because they think their age hinders them from making a difference. I applaud you on your efforts to get involved in politics, and I encourage you to keep it up, and spread the message of active involvement. Keep up the good work,

    Vinay

    ReplyDelete